ADHD Inattentive Type
- Self-Assessment - some reliable tests
- Cartoons - relatable art!
- Reading - Books and articles
- Videos - Short/interesting videos and recommended channels
- Social Media - recommended accounts and
- Items/Products see ADHD Products/Ideas to Help
- See also
Self-tests are not intended to diagnose or to replace the care of a health care professional.
But I think they are an excellent place to start, and much more instructive than quizzes such as "which pokemon are you?" (which is also not diagnostic or intended to replace the care of a pokemon-training professional)
My favorite thing in the ADHD-i community is the cartoons!
Some artists I love:
- Dani Donovan: ADHD Explained using comics — Start Here If You Are New (great twitter thread)
- Dani Donovan's Website
- ADHD-Alien -- all comics in one twitter thread
- ADHD-Alien's website
- Invisible Bread
They might move slowly as their brain is so active
(Quote from ADHD Alien in response to people saying "You don't seem hyperactive!")
It has come to my attention that buying books, and reading books, are two separate, entirely unrelated hobbies
(In the quote above you can also substitute in any hobby related buying: guitars, bicycles, looms, art supplies, stationery, you name it)
Note you may have more success getting through audiobooks than physical books
- Book: Delivered from Distraction
- Book: Finally Focused
- A new life: being diagnosed with ADHD in my 40s has given me something quite magical (Jason Wilson)
Much of what I had fondly considered to be my personality could be understood as a set of elaborate compensations
- Website: ADDitudemag
- This is how you treat ADHD based off science, Dr Russell Barkley part of 2012 Burnett Lecture
- Dr Russell Barkley on ADHD Meds and how they all work differently from each other
- How to ADHD Channel — Excellent channel from Jessica McCabe, start with Motivation Bridge , Bullet Journal, or see her website https://www.howtoadhd.com
- ADHD Playlist via ADHD-Alien (includes some of the videos from above)
- Twitter: #NeurodiverseSquad —
#neurodiverseSquadis a hashtag used by people with ADHD, ASD, OCD and other conditions. Full of fun info.
A major part of ADHD therapy is adjusting your environment to help you.
There was so much to write about these products that I've put them on a separate page: ADHD Products/Ideas to Help.
Included on that page are:
- Alarmy App
- Time-lock padlocks and container
- Special Timers
- Aqua notes for recording notes in the shower, space pen for writing in bed
- various Productivity tools